Network ~ Routers ~ !Netgear FVG318 Wireless VPN Firewall Router
||!Netgear FVG318 Wireless VPN Firewall Router
|Your Buy (inc. GST)
- This is not a regularly stocked item, however we can order it in for you.
- If you place an online order we will email you with the exact price and availability.
You can decide whether or not you wish to go ahead with the order.
- A 20% deposit is required for Pre-order items.
!Netgear FVG318 Wireless VPN Firewall Router
PROSAFE® 802.11WIRELESS VPN FIREWALL 8 WITH 8-PORT 10/100 MBPS SWITCH
Built in 802.11g wireless access point – up to 108 Mbps
Dual firewall—SPI and NAT—stops most known attacks
Integrated 8 port LAN and 1 port WAN 10/100 switch
Five-in-one Wireless and Wired VPN Solutions
This comprehensive and affordable solution offers wired and wireless connectivity and businessclass protection for small office and remote/branch office users. It combines five functions in a single, compact package – stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall, 802.11g wireless access point, IPsec virtual private network (VPN) appliance, NAT router, and eightport Fast Ethernet switch. Powerful and standards-based, it delivers both 10 and 100 Mbps connections for wired devices, plus 802.11b/g devices at speeds up to 108 Mbps. This complete solution offers high-performance features in a space-saving, easy-to-use design.
More than just a simple NAT router, the ProSafe FVG318 SPI firewall provides business-class protection, blocking unwanted users from accessing the network. Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 Enterprise (WPA2) shields wireless communication with the highest available level of industry-standard encryption and authentication. Comprehensive controls block or filter unwanted addresses, services, protocols, and URLs, fortifying your network. Up to eight simultaneous IPsec VPN security association connections protect links between business locations, encrypting all traffic as it traverses the Internet – perfect for telecommuters and remote offices. It is VPNC compliant.
The FVG318 is easy to set up and use, with intuitive Smart Wizards™ that help connect to your ISP and establish VPN connections. SNMP support provides complete remote administration--perfect for corporate teleworkers, remote offices, and small businesses that can take advantage of centralized administration. Dynamic DNS capabilities facilitate remote access, cameras, games, and other hosted services for users with dynamic IP addresses.
The FVG318 works as the foundation for a small network, or integrated into a large one. Support for DHCP (client and server) and PPPoE facilitates widespread deployment. It is optimized for NETGEAR’s ProSafe VPN Client Software VPN01L and VPN05L (single and 5-user license) and ProSafe Network Management Software NMS100. Compatible with other SNMP management applications, it also supports Windows®, Macintosh®, UNIX®, and Linux®, or any other TCP/IP based platforms.
How a Firewall Processes a Packet
- Standards: IEEE 802.11g, 54 Mbps, Super-G technology up to 108 Mbps
- Antenna: (1) 5dBi, detachable
- SLAN ports: Eight (8) 10/100Mbps auto-sensing, Auto Uplink™ RJ-45 ports
- WAN port: 10/100 Mbps Ethernet RJ-45 port to connect to any broadband modem, such as DSL or cable
- SPI Firewall: Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) to prevent notorious denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, intrusion detection system (IDS) including logging, reporting and e-mail alerts, address, service and protocol, Web URL keyword filtering, prevent replay attack (reassembly attack), port/service blocking. Advanced features include block Java/URL/ActiveX based on extension, FTP/SMTP/RPC program filtering
- VPN Functionality: Eight (8) dedicated VPN tunnels, Manual key and Internet Key Exchange Security Association (IKE SA) assignment with pre-shared key and RSA/DSA signatures, key life and IKE lifetime time settings, perfect forward secrecy (Diffie-Hellman groups 1 and 2 and Oakley support), operating modes (main, aggressive, quick), fully qualified domain name (FQDN) support for dynamic IP address VPN connections.
- IPSec Support: IPSec-based 56-bit (DES), 168-bit (3DES), or 256-bit (AES) encryption algorithm, MD5 or SHA-1 hashing algorithm, AH/AH-ESP support, PKI features with X.509 v.3 certificate support, remote access VPN (client-to-site), site-to-site VPN, IPSec NAT traversal (VPN pass-through)
- Mode of operation: Many-to-one NAT (LAN to WAN), classical routing, unrestricted users per port
- IP Address Assignment: Static IP address assignment, internal DHCP server on LAN, DHCP client on WAN, PPPoE client support
- Throughput: Up to 19 Mbps WAN-to-LAN, up to 1.2 Mbps for 3DES
- Administration Interface: SNMP (v2c) support, Web graphic user interface, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)-enabled remote management, user name and password protected; secure remote management support authenticated through IP address or IP address range and password; configuration changes/upgrades through web GUI.
- Configuration and upgrades: Upload and download configuration settings, field upgradeable flash memory
- VPN Wizard to simplify configuration of the VPN, Smart Wizard to automatically detect ISP Address type (static, dynamic, PPPoE), port range forwarding, port triggering, exposed host (DMZ), enable/disable WAN ping, DNS Proxy, MAC Address cloning/spoofing, Network Time Protocol NTP support, keyword content filtering, email Alerts, DHCP server (info and display table), PPPoE login client support, WAN DHCP client, diagnostic tools (ping, trace route, other), port/service/MAC address blocking, Auto-Uplink on switch ports
- Network: IP routing, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, PPPoE
- IP addressing: DHCP (client and server)
- Routing: RIPv1, RIPv2 (static routing, dynamic routing)
- VPN/Security: IPSec (ESP, AH), MD5, SHA-1, DES, 3DES, IKE, PKI, AES
- LAN: Up to 253 users
- WLAN: Up to 64 users
- Save/restore configuration, restore defaults, upgrades via web browser, display statistics
Five High-performance Network Functions in a Space-saving Design
- Processor: Atheros 2316 SOC 32bit MIPS
- Memory: 4MB flash, 16MB SDRAM
- Power requirements: 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Power adapter: 12VDC, 1.0A; plug is localized to country of sale
- Dimensions: 252 mm x 180 mm x 40 mm (9.92 x 7.1 x 1.57 inches)
- Weight: 2.7 lbs (1.22 kg)
- Operating temperature: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104ºF)
- Operating humidity: 90% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
- Firewall: NETGEAR Lifetime Warranty†
- Power adapter: NETGEAR 3-year Warranty
- ProSafe Wireless VPN Firewall (FVG318)
- One (1) detachable 5 dBi antenna
- Ethernet cable
- Power adapter
- User guide
- Resource CD
- Waranty/support information card
Antennas and Accessories
- ANT24O5 ProSafe™ Indoor 5 dBi Omni-directional Antenna
- ANT2409 ProSafe™ Indoor/Outdoor 14 dBi Omnidirectional Antenna
- ANT24D18 ProSafe™ Indoor/Outdoor 18 dBi Patch Panel Directional Antenna
- Low-loss Antenna Cables: 1.5, 3, 5, 10, and 30 m
- WAG511 ProSafe™ Dual Band Wireless PC Card
- WAG311 ProSafe™ PCI Adapter
- VPN01L and VPN05L ProSafe™ VPN Client Software
- NMS100 ProSafe™ Network Management Software