Xtreme N™ Dual Band Gigabit Router
2 Wireless Networks In One Router
- Concurrent dual-band operation at both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz frequencies
- Xtreme N™ technology allows for farther home coverage*
- HD Fuel™ for better video streaming and online gaming
- Superior performance over competing draft N routers
- Intelligent QoS prioritisation technology
- D-Link Green Technology
- SharePort™ Technology
BENEFITS OF DUAL BAND
The D-Link® Xtreme N™ Dual Band Gigabit Router DIR-825 uses dual band technology to support 2.4GHz & 5GHz wireless signals at the same time. This allows you to check e-mail and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band while simultaneously streaming High-Definition (HD) movies and other media on the 5GHz band. The DIR-825 is designed for users looking to get a true HD wireless connection that can handle multiple HD video streams throughout the house, while being backward compatible with existing 802.11g and 802.11a products.
With SharePort™ Technology you can connect a USB printer or storage device to your router and allow users to access them from anywhere on the network. Conveniently turn your existing USB printers and storage devices into network devices for everyone to share.
Powered by HD Fuel™
Use the power of HD Fuel to play your movies and games with superior router technology. We’ve combined the clarity of the 5GHz wireless band with our advanced Intelligent QoS engine to create the finest HD streaming media you can experience.
Why Intelligent QoS is better
With some routers, all wired and wireless traffic, including Voice over IP (VoIP), Video Streaming, Online Gaming, and Web browsing are mixed together into a single data stream. By handling data this way, applications like Streaming Video could pause or delay. With the D-Link Intelligent QoS Prioritisation Technology, wired and wireless traffic are analysed and separated into multiple data streams. These streams are then categorised by sensitivity to delay, so applications like VoIP, Video Streaming, and Online Gaming can be given top priority. This enables multiple applications to stream smoothly to your TV or PC.
This router carries both the silver and gold IPv6 Ready logos, signifying that it not only supports the IPv6 protocol, but is also compatible with IPv6 equipment from other manufacturers. It allows you to move to a 128-bit addressing system and directly connect to anybody in the world using your unique IP address. Using a dual-stack architecture, this router can handle routing for both IPv4 and IPv6 networks at the same time, so you can be assured that your equipment is forward and backward compatible.
* Maximum wireless signal rates derived from IEEE standard 802.11g and draft 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput may vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building’s materials and construction, and network overhead can lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are relative to performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link draft 802.11n devices.